Digital Marketing sounds and seems quite intimidating to a novice as if it is for the extra-terrestrial beings and not for humans. None of it is true! It is a concept that has become cognizant with the evolving technology.
Let us put it in a down-to-earth manner. We have seen these huge advertisement boards in strategic places all over the city and towns. They had mushroomed so much that it made the city skyline look ugly.
With the advent of internet and growing web activities, everybody is peering into their cell phones more than looking around. So, the business owners and marketers took this Billboard form of advertisement to the web. All their digital marketing for franchises, promotion of the product went on the web. Everything was a click away. Thus, was coined digital marketing.
Types of Digital Marketing
- Online marketing
- Offline marketing
Online Marketing encompasses:
- Content Marketing: To connect with the customers by means of publishing good content about their products.
- Search Engine Optimization: To ensure the products and the content on them have the right words for the customer can search and be guided to their web page.
- Email Marketing: To send emailers and Newsletters to connect with their customers, update potential customers on offers, new products and so on.
- Video Marketing:To make videos of their products in action and post in the digital platforms of Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and the like.
- Pay Per Click: One of the best ways of advertising is display ads. For every click on the ads displayed incurs a payment. Along with the brand name and its rank in the Google is pushed up a notch higher.
- Social media Marketing: It is the next gen platform in marketing. The brand awareness and reaching out to the audience is very high. This is one of the best platforms for small and big business alike.
- Affiliate Marketing: To give product reviews on e-commerce platforms.
Offline Marketing comprises of
- Radio/TV marketing
- Phone Marketing
Digital Marketing is here to stay. It has been evolving to better and more, along with the new advents in technology. All this, to keep business and clientele afloat. After all, Customer is the King, Queen, and their royalty. Agree?